Now originally for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, I was going to do books I read in High School -specifically Urban Fantasy. And I will! Just not today. I couldn’t make enough room in my schedule to take some great photos for you all, so instead I decided to do a different kind of throwback for you – children’s books.
Being home, I’ve been looking at all my old shelves, and while there are tons from my life that sort of trace how I got here – and what type of reader I am. There’s a ton of children’s books. I devoured books as a child. It was where my love of reading comes from and I am a voracious reader. So that being said, bed time story time has been my favorite forever. It’s still how I would like to go to sleep. When I’m sick, I still want someone to read me a story. It’s been ingrained into me.
I live and breath stories.
- A Mother for Choco. This story was the most heart warming story ever about adoption and finding your family with those who love you.
- Warm in Winter. Is this where my extreme love of Winter came from? Probably.
- Streganona. I am still so in love with the illustrations in these books.
- Too Many Pumpkins. I still can’t get over how many pumpkins.
- Pooh Bear. I know it’s not a picture book, but it is one of the most read books in my household and it needs to be on this list.
- Frog and Toad. Also all the animated cartoons.
- Koala Lou. Just hearing this title makes me emotional.
- Hedgehog Bakes a Cake. This inspired my love of baking. It has to be. Also my mom is an expert baker.
- The Long Haired Maiden. I actually loved this story as a child, I don’t know why, maybe I felt some deep connection with the representation?
- Goodnight Moon. The bunny from this was one of my first stuffed animals.
- And an extra freebie, Guess How Much I Love You.
What were your favorite children’s books?
Subscribe for more emotions