Today I’m going to interview Darnell about how the evolution of his blog, and all sorts of fun questions!
- How did you begin book blogging?
It began after trying and failing at booktube. I didn’t even upload the video
- Why did you decide you wanted to become a book reviewer?
I wanted to share my love of books, and also connect with other readers
- What was your first ever book that you reviewed?
An Ember in the Ashes
- How do you deal with negative reviews?
I usually start with stating the good things before writing anything bad
- Have you made any author friends during your time as a book reviewer?
While most are not published yet, I did connect with a few of then.
- What was the best, and worst, experience so far?
Cindy Pon, author of Want and Serpentine read and shared my review of those books.
- Do you often go to book events, if not, which would you want to go to?
Most of the time if the author is in the area. I did manage to go to BookCon this year.
- Has your relationship to books changed since you began reviewing books?
A little bit. I am starting to appreciate books more and more
- How do you think your reading tastes have, or have not, changed?
I am starting to read more underrated books, that I discovered through other blogs
- Do you tell people right away about your blog?
Mainly only bookish people.
- How do you balance book reviews and discussion posts?
I haven’t been able to do a discussion post in a while but I would love to.
- Has your relationship to blogging and the book community changed over time?
A little bit. I am beginning to interact with followers more.
- What is your favorite social media platform and why?
Twitter, to have the discussions with the bookish community and also instagram because I like looking at photos that people would design
- If you weren’t reviewing books online, what would you be doing?
Trying to write my books. I have started writing a Sci Fi, and a fantasy book.
- Any tips for new reviewers?
Just do it. Don’t worry about followers or likes. Do it if you enjoy it