I am so glad that this is the week’s Top Ten Tuesday post because it ties in perfectly with one of my earlier Blog Birthday Post (visit this link to enter the first two giveaways #1, #2). The whole meme is organized by the Broke and the Bookish and you can see the whole list here. Today’s topic is top ten authors that I would like to meet or have met. I have not met any authors, so my choice was simple. Shall we begin then?
I want to mention that the order is not indicative of a rating of any kind. It is more an indication of my mental state. Also for the sake of my mind I have included authors that have also died, because this is all a hypothetical, I assume.
Octavia Butler. Her works were formative in my education, both because of inspiring my love of science fiction as well as writing the books for my first thesis.
- Zen Cho. Her books have quickly become one of my favorites and I would love to just gush and absorb her beautiful style.
- Mary Shelley. I know this is completely old and would obviously never happen, but I want to meet one of the people who began this hobby I have.
- Margaret Atwood. Her mind is beautiful. I want to at least be in the same room as it.
- Han Kang. I loved her book, Human Acts and I would love to meet her. If her mind is as gorgeous as her writing, which I think it is, it would be an absolute pleasure.
- Nnedi Okorafor. This has been a recent favorite of mine, but I have read three of her books and I love them so much.
- April Daniels. I really liked Dreadnought, but her twitter is even better. I love her tweets.
Tamora Pierce. Gotta do this for childhood me. She would have loved this. Somewhere deep inside me I am convinced she is squealing as I write this.
- For the same reason, I would include Garth Nix. I have read, by now, so many of his books and loved them all.
- And number 10, this is so much pressure. Toni Morrison. I have actually only read Beloved by her, but that was a work of art and I have heard so much more about her other books. I actually just bought Sula and am so excited.
Let’s Discuss: Who would you like to meet?
Subscribe for more posts like this
If you liked this, you might like my last Top Ten Tuesday post: Books on my Spring TBR
Follow Utopia State of Mind on WordPress.com