Today I’m sharing authors I discovered in 2018 as part of the Top Ten Tuesday from That Artsy Reader Girl. If you want to join in any of these in the future, you can find the list of prompts and the link up for today.
New Authors to Me
I’m going to try to pick from my 2018 in Review so that you know these books are also books that I loved from 2018. So not just any new authors to me!
- Maura Milan with the epic SF of Ignite the Stars
- Tiffany Jackson with Monday’s Not Coming. I had always meant to read my copy of Allegedly but had never gotten around to it.
- Sara Farizan and Here to Stay which was a contemporary about friendship and Islamaphobia
- Kendare Blake. I finally read a book of hers, Three Dark Crowns, even though that book came out a while ago.
- Kiersten White. I know so many people who love her and I finally read The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein.
- Rebecca Barrow. I adored This is What it Feels Like which was all about friendship and hard conversations. See my other friendship faves.
- Rachel Lynn Solomon and Our Year of Maybe. I own You’ll Miss Me When I’m Gone, but I hadn’t read it yet. And I loved it so much I interviewed Rachel and hosted a guest post as part of a current blog tour (with a giveaway!).
- Alex London. I haven’t read Proxy yet even though I just saw it when I was re-organizing my bookshelf, but I adored Black Wings Beating more than words!
Lygia Day Peñaflor and All of This is True which I got all my geeky self obsessed with.
- Amy Rose Capetta with This Brilliant Death! Now I have Once & Future on my book shelf to read!
- BONUS ANSWERS Katrina Leno with Summer of Salt
14 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: New Authors to Me in 2018”
Most of these were on my 2018 TBR but pushed to 2019. hehe…
Here’s my TTT: https://lilisblissfulpages.wordpress.com/2019/01/15/new-to-me-authors-2018-edition-top-ten-tuesday-28/
haha don’t I know it! always pushing books around is deff our brand
Allegedly was a great story. I hope you give it a try sometime.
This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.
I definitely want to read it this year! thanks for visiting 🙂
The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein sounds intriguing! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.
It was super fun especially for someone who loves Frankenstein!
I’ve been really enjoying Kendare Blake’s series Three Dark Crowns.
I think I defintely should continue, which is your favorite
Rachel Lynn Solomon is an amazing author!! I loved both her books with a passion!
yay! I need to read YMMWG! Which is your fave!
I have read Kendare Blake. I wasn’t a huge fan of Three Dark Crowns but I do want to give it another chance. I feel like maybe I wasn’t in the right headspace for it.
ditto I’m not sure if I just was expecting more or? like the hype around it was pretty intense I felt like
Lovely list! I want to read Three Dark Crowns soon, it sounds like something I would like.
I definitely think it leaves you wanting to find out more!