Today I’m sharing authors I discovered in 2018 as part of the Top Ten Tuesday from That Artsy Reader Girl. If you want to join in any of these in the future, you can find the list of prompts and the link up for today.
New Authors to Me
I’m going to try to pick from my 2018 in Review so that you know these books are also books that I loved from 2018. So not just any new authors to me!
- Maura Milan with the epic SF of Ignite the Stars
- Tiffany Jackson with Monday’s Not Coming. I had always meant to read my copy of Allegedly but had never gotten around to it.
- Sara Farizan and Here to Stay which was a contemporary about friendship and Islamaphobia
- Kendare Blake. I finally read a book of hers, Three Dark Crowns, even though that book came out a while ago.
- Kiersten White. I know so many people who love her and I finally read The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein.
- Rebecca Barrow. I adored This is What it Feels Like which was all about friendship and hard conversations. See my other friendship faves.
- Rachel Lynn Solomon and Our Year of Maybe. I own You’ll Miss Me When I’m Gone, but I hadn’t read it yet. And I loved it so much I interviewed Rachel and hosted a guest post as part of a current blog tour (with a giveaway!).
- Alex London. I haven’t read Proxy yet even though I just saw it when I was re-organizing my bookshelf, but I adored Black Wings Beating more than words!
Lygia Day Peñaflor and All of This is True which I got all my geeky self obsessed with.
- Amy Rose Capetta with This Brilliant Death! Now I have Once & Future on my book shelf to read!
- BONUS ANSWERS Katrina Leno with Summer of Salt