Today’s Top Ten Tuesday post, I know I haven’t posted in a while for this prompt, is focused on Authors I Discovered and Read in 2017. And wow, there are a lot. Let’s start chronologically okay?
- Tara Sim. I devoured Timekeeper in 2017, even though you didn’t see the review until yesterday. AND I really loved Chainbreaker even more! See my review for that today! *Spoiler, IT’s EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST*
- Marie Lu. I ADORED Warcross and just read Batman.
- Katherine Locke (and The Girl with the Red Balloon). She has not only been a phenomenal author to read, but also such a great source of recomdations and Instagram pictures.
- Ashley Postron (and Queens of Geek). A rec from Katherine Locke and one of my newest favorite contemporary authors.
- Fonda Lee and the amazingly lush Jade City.
- Traci Chee and The Reader and The Speaker.What phenomenal books!
- Elise Kova and her entire Loom series: The Alchemists of Loom and Dragons of Nova. They are so fantastic and fantasy and steam punk joys.
- Celeste Ng and her challenging book, Everything I Never Told You and her transformative book Little Fires Everywhere
- Leigh Bardugo’s PHENOMENAL Six of Crows series (including Crooked Kingdom).
- Anna Marie McLemore and everything she’s ever written: The Weight of Feathers, When the Moon Was Ours and Wild Beauty
There are so many other authors that have touched my life since then that I need to shout out briefly. 2017 was the best year for finding newer releases and also favorite authors. The list includes: Akemi Dawn Bowman, Seanan McGuire/Mira Grant, N.K. Jemisin, Pintip Dunn, Hillary Monahan, Adam Silvera, Emily Skrutskie, Melissa Bashardoust, Axie Oh, Cindy Pon, Mackenzi Lee, Julie C Dao, Heidi Heilig, Kat Howard, Tochi Onyebuchi, and Lydia Kang. Every one of them made my year better.
What author did you discover?
Subscribe for more reviews of these fantastic authors