Today I have a TAG I saw on The Bookish Dianna‘s blog. And I actually wasn’t tagged, but thought this looked so fun! Without further ado, let’s get into the actual tag.
1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
I actually have a schedule. First up are the books I have agreed to read, from publishers or authors. Then next comes my purchased books where I have no deadlines. I’m currently trying to get through all my ARCs so I can go on a spree of reading purchased books. But unfortunately I don’t think I’ll get to that until August when I do my Read-a-Thon
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
I don’t think I have ever DNF’d a book. For the most part, if I am reading an ARC I always finish it. And even if not, I always seem to hope it’ll turn up 😉
3. the end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
Actually, I’m already done with my reading challenge, so this year is not an issue at all. Normally actually, just based on the type of person I am, this never happpens.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
Usually I can find someone who doesn’t like it, but if not, I’ll just talk about it with my family.
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
At first, I usually try to stop, but if I can’t, which is often the case, then I just cry openly. It has happened. Especially awkward when it’s on the way to work.
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
This is my pet peeve, but I normally re-read them, unless it’s an epic series with many or gigantic books. Now I’ve been taking notes as I read, so I would go back and re-read those.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
I normally just let people borrow them. Am in the minority on this one?
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I usually try a completely different genre and see if that helps! Normally bobbing between science fiction and fantasy cures it! But if not, then I default to graphic novels.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
It depends a lot on how likely I think I can get it through an ARC program. If not, then I usually think about when I’m going back to the US and can read it via the library. If not, and I REALLY want the book, then I’ll pre-order it. I would say this breaks down to 60% ARC program, 30% Library (or digital library collection) and 10% pre-order. I really DO NOT NEED MORE BOOKS.
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
I am the worst at this. So bad I don’t even want to answer this question.
That’s it! Now for who I tag, muhaha. I tag: Reader and Proud, Green Tea and Paperbacks, Foxes and Fairytales, and Flylef. I am so eager to find out your answers 😉
What’s your biggest reader problem?
Subscribe for more tags
6 thoughts on “Reader Problems TAG”
I love your responses to these questions.
I’ve had some books on my shelves for months, even years, but I am trying to read more of what I own so the scale is finally tipping.
Haha thanks! If you ever do it, let me know 😀
Oh I love this tag! i’m going to have to do it.
I’m trying to convince my husband to make my shelves but then I’m also afraid of how many books I’ve bought and haven’t read.
But now that you have them, you can do the rating and then improve it 😉
Yay! Another person who doesn’t DNF. I haven’t DNFed a book in a long time. I think I might DNF one a year but that’s just because I forget to continue reading it because it isn’t engaging.
Great getting to know more about your reading habits through this tag!
YES! The concept is just hard for me to wrap my head around. Especially with review copies, I feel so bad about DNF’ing them. :-/