Hi there everyone. I know I’ve been sort of awful at doing these personal chit chat posts the last few months. It’s been hectic and wild, but I want to commit to doing at least one per month. Different than the monthly wrap up, but more of personal goals and what not.
- Take it more seriously. I don’t take what I do seriously enough. I never tell people, I feel it’s like a hobby, but I spend every waking moment of my free time on it. I just do what I need to for my internship and blog. I read every spare moment I have and write reviews. That’s pretty serious. And I don’t own up to it. I don’t claim it. And I think that’s doing myself a disservice. This is the year of being more serious about taking myself more seriously. I do important work and I want t own it.
- Take it less seriously. At the same time, I stress out about it A LOT. I have tons of lists, I am awful at self-care and balance. I let blogging sometimes go before eating, because I’m too wrapped up. I am an intense goal driven personality. So while I want to own the work I do more, I also want to be more MINDFUL about the work I do. That’s why I’ve been doing the habit trackers this month. It’s a little extra boost to just remind myself what I’m doing and why.
- Increase followers. I’ve sort of plateaued on my Social Media platforms. I haven’t been engaging as much as I want and it takes so much time. It’s also not why I started. I started because I love books. So I always saw this as extra. But I want to get back into devoting 20 mins a day to Instagram community interactions. At the same time I need to be smarter about how I use Twitter and this is the year of exploration in that aspect. I wanna try new things. Do wackier things.
- I want to make something up this year for my blog. I toyed with a few different ideas last year but nothing manifested. But I want something truly original to call my own this year, not just my reviews. Something else. Whether it be a feature or even a rating system I created.
- I want to devote more time to making relationships here (and care less about numbers). If I’ve reached a plateau, that’s okay. Maybe that’s all I’ll ever get to. But the only way I know how to keep at it, is consistency and perseverance. I do what I love because I love to read. And this year I’ve gotten so many new different opportunities to read exactly what I want. I’ve read my MOST anticipated books: Children of Blood and Bone, The Astonishing Color of After, and SO MANY MORE. This is why I began and this is what keeps me going. My ARC TBR Shelf is why I continue because it’s the ones I want to read.
SO what about you?
Any tips? Anything you think I should be doing?
Subscribe for more fun