Wow I haven’t written a Top Ten Tuesday….this whole year. Yep, I have been slacking here majorly. I always meant to write one and it never happened. So congratulations to me for finally getting my act together. Thanks to That Artsy Reader Girl for organizing and publishing the prompts!
My Book Wishlist
- Mermaids. I cannot resist mermaids and there aren’t enough books about them! Let’s give vampires a break for a sec okay, and don’t get me wrong I love vampires, but give me some more mermaids! One of my all time faves is Into the Drowning Deep.
- Necromancy. I know that contrast between mermaids and necromancy is enough to give you whiplash, but I have very specific tastes. Some of my faves of The Bone Witch, Undead Girl Gang, and Reign of the Fallen.
- Sisters. Give me all the dynamic and difficult relationships between sisters (and siblings). Some of my faves are Salt, The Sisters Mederos, and Daughters of the Storm.
- Anastasia. I believed I could have been the little Chinese Anastasia girl growing up. I have come to terms with my dreams now, but the dream still existed and it is my fave animated movie to this day. Some of my faves are Sisters of the Crescent Empress, Heart of Iron, and Last of Her Name.
- Assassins. Give me an assassin any day. Bonus points, and preferred, if it’s a girl who can throw knifes. Such kryptonite. Some of my faves are Six of Crows, Beneath the Citadel, & Gilded Wolves.
- Dragons. One of the first dragons I remember loving was the ones in Wild Magic and I’ve had a soft spot for them ever since. Some of my faves are Sisters of Fire, Alchemists of Loom, & Song of the Dead.
- Pirates and Naval Journeys. As someone who always loved boats, but haven’t been on as many as I’d like, give me pirates any day! Some of my favorites of The Last Voyage of Poe Blythe, & Seafire.
- Witches. Wow can you imagine if a book had all of these elements? Witches are some of my very first books I read – fantasy wise – and I can always get behind a good, or bad, witch. Some of my faves are The Bear and the Nightingale, Truthwitch, The Fever King, & The Bone Witch.
- Time travel. Why don’t I see more books with time travel? Some of my faves are Stolen Time, Here and Now and Then, & The Opposite of Always.
- I love a good book with a crew of friends (bonus points if multiple POV). Some of my faves are Immoral Code, This is What it Feels Like, & The Disasters.