What better time of year that around Christmas to write a post of my top ten books on my wishlist? I found out about this Top Ten Tuesday from the Broke and the Bookish and here are others who have done the top ten list! This is a great time to get some new ideas for your own books to read list! Now, in no particular order:
1) The Lonely Hearts Hotel by Heather O’Neill
I am secretly hoping this will be a lot like Angela Carter’s Nights at the Circus! I read Nights at the Circus for a magical realism self study unit I did for my Masters.
2) Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
Having just watched the Iron Giant, I want to read this and find out if it’s anything like it.
3) The Vegetarian by Han Kang
I read Human Acts and now I want to read this earlier novel by her.
4) Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty
First of all, that last name. Secondly, I have been getting into suspense and mystery novels more this year and I really want to try this one.
5) Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
I have only heard good things about this and really want to see if it lives up to the hype.
6) Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
Having just joined the #bookstagram community, they all rave about Sarah J Maas, so I feel like I need to read one of her books and find out what everyone else loves!
7) A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas
Same reasons from above!
8) American Gods by Neil Gaiman
I have never read anything of his, so I really want to just read something and find out, again, what the hype is.
9) The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
This book sounds out of this world, like a mix of pirates and Once Upon a Time.
10) Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Another instagram book hype. Maybe next year I should do an Instagram made me do it tag.
What is on your wishlist for Christmas?
Don’t forget to subscribe!