I have been loving this anthology spree I’ve been on. If you haven’t seen it over the holidays, I’ve been reviewing anthologies about Asian SFF, caregivers, powerful women, and this stunning anthology to end my spree. If you love robots, OR fairies, you need this anthology. I rarely keep anthologies around to re-read, but this is making a permanent home on my shelf.
Wolfe and Parisien have predicted that the world will end in one of two ways: our domination by either fairies or robots and have gathered up their friends to tell us stories about each. I wanted to present you with five reasons to love this anthology, because you a) only need five reasons and b) they are so glaringly obvious and powerful you need a quick way to be persuaded to read this so you can make it to the stores and pick up your own copy.
- This had all of my favorite authors in it. There was Ken Liu, Seanan McGuire, Annalee Newitz, Kat Howard, and more. Almost the entire list of contributers is on my list of books I loved in 2017 or favorite authors.
- The introduction from the editors made me laugh out loud. This anthology has spunk coming out of its ears. It is witty, clever, and hilarious – all beginning with this charismatic introduction. Not only is it a totally unique, AND FUN, concept, it is so well executed that it instantly makes a place in your heart.
- The stories are all brilliant. There are magnificent characters, mesmerizing story lines, and interactions between magic and technology.
- And the biographies from the authors are just the cherry on top. They range from serious to absolutely hilarious. They are inventive, personal, and thrilling.
- It is stunning inside and out. The cover is gorgeous, the prose is sassy, and the stories are remarkable. My arc is seriously gorgeous.
The only other, and final question, besides when you will buy this, is: what team are you on?
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review from the publisher.
Do you give anthologies as gifts?
Subscribe for more reviews