Today’s FLYTIP prompt is all about things we should have done on our blog that we were meaning to in 2017. It’s not all sad news. This is to reflect on things I wanted to do in 2017….AND can do in 2018. So I thought the best way would be to do a fancy bullet list, cause I have a few of these….
Would, Coulda, Shoulda
- More discussion posts. I started out so good and then the end of the year got so busy it became all about managing to just break even.
- More Backlist. I need to be better about tackling my Backlist, so you just watch out 2018 TBR. I’m going to try to get you to a more managable size.
- Less Blog Stress. I took on way too much this year and it showed. I had to start resorting to the Goodreads summaries. I want to be better about requesting arcs and schedules. When I have more time I can get better caught up, but I can’t be taking too much time anymore. It is mentally exhausting and so bad for me.
- More Personal Interaction. Towards the end of the year I really let my comments go and they kept piling up.
- More Bloghopping. I want to comment more, I tried to and then really fell down on this one. But I want to respond more in 2018. Then again it’s a whole cycle where all the stress was just piling up and I just needed to get by.
What’s one thing you wanted to do in 2017?
Subscribe for more reviews
4 thoughts on “FLYTIP: Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda”
I want to read more books next year but get my reviews together. I write them on time but I don’t type them up on time.
I also just want to write a lot more than I did this year and learn Spanish and Korean in more efficient ways!
ugh I know! I have such a hard time actually sitting down and writing them!
Those are great ideas!
#5 is a big one for me. I let posts pile up in Pocket for a few weeks and then I try to scramble and comment on a bunch at once (as you may have noticed when I leave a few comments in a row on your blog, lol). This year I want to break that cycle down and spread out the commenting a bit more. Here’s to better success in 2018!
Yeah it’s really hard and I always feel so ashamed when I haven’t commented on others, but also lately for the past few months, I’ve been going through some pretty hard life stuff, so it’s also made me doubly ashamed to not comment on others. Esp you! Cause you comment so much and I’m like ‘ah I need to comment more on her blog, but I feel like a potato today and nothing feels okay’ and the cycle continues….But I love your blog!