I’ve been thinking more and more about how I can re-structure my book blogging life in 2019. To take it more easy, to increase new quality content, and to balance my life more. So here are some resolutions I’m trying out for January to put some balance and relaxation into my life.
- I am not going to be tied as much to release dates. I’m taking this straight from Novel Knight because I think this is brilliant. This one sentence just triggered this switch in my brain. I don’t need to run myself ragged to make sure I am on top of release dates? March is a particularly busy month for books so this was just a weight off my shoulder.
- I am going to move from a reading schedule to a reading goal. For example, I have books set aside for days and weeks, but it’s less about that and I can pick from the month, based on my mood, which I would like to read.
- I am going to try contact more authors I love for promo and interviews. This has been some of my most loved experiences of 2018, to be connected more to authors, and I’d love to be able to help them.
- To be more picky about the books I read.
- To prioritize Diverse and ownvoices books.
- And to be more okay with DNF books. I realize my time is valuable and I don’t want to spend hours forcing myself to read a book that isn’t clicking with me.
- To buy less enamel pins. This is a big one for me.
- And to try to not be swayed by what I think I should be doing, to remain ‘competitive’, to instead focus solely on what brings me joy.
- To be a more outspoken advocate for transracial adoptee stories and stories with adoption in general.
- And my last one….to read more backlist books! I want to read more books from earlier, like in 2018, but to also make sure they get promo after publication date.
Here’s to a year of screaming more about books.
What are you doing in 2019?
Follow Utopia State of Mind on WordPress.com