In March I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by my dear dear friend Laura, who you must all know by now (if you don’t, she writers wonderful reviews of really diverse books). Dear Laura, Thank you so much for nominating me, it’s my first ever nomination! I was away on vacation so I have only just got back now and am ready to take this on!
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
1. If you had to make a playlist for the book you’re currently reading, what 3 songs would be on there?
This is really quite difficult to answer. I am currently reading, The Star Touched Queen and the writing is absolutely lyrical. The whole thing feels like I’m stuck in a planetarium and being constantly whirled around the cosmos. What songs match that? It has to be symphonic and atmospheric: I Belong to You by Muse, Closest I Get by Katie Herzig, and My Love by Sia.
2. What is one blog post you’re incredibly proud of?
Gosh, this is so difficult to answer. I suppose I would say that My Favorite Book Format post is the one I am most proud of. I really allowed myself to be more creative with my language and absolutely loved writing it.
3. What book has been on your TBR the longest?
I think the whole concept of a TBR has been quite new to me. When I was younger, the only things I had on my TBR were ‘classics’, and now I have a whole manner of books there. So since I first consciously thought of a TBR any of the Toni Morrison books have been on it. I recently bought Sula so there’s a good chance of me achieving this goal. After Beloved I just wanted to read more!
4. What, besides reading, is your favorite thing to do?
I love to bake and cook. My mom is a great baker and I absolutely love trying new recipes. Especially for cooking. There are always things I want to try and recipes bookmarked.
5. What is one book that you wanted to love, but ended up hating?
So tough! I guess it would be Emma. I wanted to read more Austen and so I tried it, but it was so long and I really just did not like her for the longest time. By the end I didn’t have a real emotional attachment to people in general.
6. What is your favourite reading snack?
I like cookies. I rarely actually ever eat them with reading, but I am a huge snackie. I adore snacks, give me carrot sticks, goldfish, cookies, even Mini Wheats. I just love to snack. But when I’m reading? I rarely ever snack.
7. What made you start blogging?
My friends. They all said that I would be a good reviewer and that I had intriguing things to say about books we read in school. So I decided to take a hand at it. I’ve done okay I think.
8. Do you think you’ll still be blogging a year from now?
Absolutely. I know this is a hard thing to answer because do people ever want to say no? But I truly love what I do. I love the reading, I love the reviewing, and I love being able to talk about what I love.
9. If you had to pick 3 non-Harry Potter characters to share a room with at Hogwarts, who would you choose?
I assume they have to be magical of some kind. I would have to go with Sabriel, Daine, and maybe…one of the women Oathbound. These would be part of my magical sisterhood of strong women.
10. What is your favorite first sentence of a book?
I have so many ones. I am a sucker for gorgeous sentences. But the one that has stuck with me is from 1984.
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
11. Do you read poetry? If so, who is your favorite poet?
I read a lot more. I really like Ode to a Grecian Urn by Keats, a few of Emily Dickinson and I had an anthology from Carol Ann Duffy called Rapture that I adore.
- If you wanted to steal something, who would be on your crew and why?
- What is your favorite form of book? Paperback, Hardback, E-Book, Audiobook?
- If you could change one thing about the publishing industry, what would it be?
- What is the one book you could give to everyone?
- Name a book that has changed your life and how.
- If you could put together a curriculum of important books, a literary canon, what books would be on it?
- How do you feel about re-reading books?
- What would your ultimate book have in it? Would it be a world of flying unicorns in a political war with the neighboring mermaids?
- What is the ultimate deal breaker for a book?
- How do you organize your bookshelves?
- If you had to gift a child a book that would inspire their imagination, which would you choose?
Let’s Discuss: What is your answer to any of the questions above?
Subscribe for more TAGS like this
If you liked this tag, you might enjoy my who am I tag
Follow Utopia State of Mind on WordPress.com