So tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and I thought I would list the most recent books that have shown me the value of love within our family. Here are the other Top Ten Tuesday Prompts. I know that tomorrow is the day when we are supposed to celebrate love in all forms. But for me, I’m separated from the one I love, so I wanted to focus on the other sides of love: love for our family and for ourselves. I have read all of these and I am in love with this aspect!
- The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan
- Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman
- Welcome Home edited by Eric Smith
- The Midnights by Sarah Nicole Smetana
- The Poet X by Elizbaeth Acevedo
- Hullmetal Girls by Emily Skrutskie
These above titles focus on the love of family, the love we need to find for ourselves, and the love that is possible through self discovery. So to me, these are the perfect books for Valentine’s Day – the day of love (among many days of love).